Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Hello friends! Just finished my BIG POPPY quilting and wanted to share. Do you like how the little poppies seem to grow off the quilt with the helpful hint from Green Fairy of using double batting, kinda trapunto......I decided to use a little girl under the umbrella as a signature for this quilt as I mail it to a friend in Costa Rica. She knew me as a desert rat but now I am the rainy-day girl.....






And as I quilted the above ditty, below is Mom's fun as she plays with me...ENJOY!!!




Isn't this PINK Lemonade delicious for a warm summer day?! Mom packed a duffle bag of pinks and yellows and then played in my stash and POOF! An adorable quilt that plays outside of her comfort zone and gets her FIX for some TULA PINK modern letters.....Such a blessing to quilt with mom and we have a riot along the way!!!







And for the final chapter of this picture post....random fun! How many photos of your photos that are taken at random times include you quilting? Mom is binding on the grass in Kirkland as we picnic.....I bound on the bus going to a Sounders game and of course mom, little dresden plates as she dresses for the game and Noah gifts her a scarf.....Quack quack!

Love, Em

7 comments:

Lynette said...

Nice to see you, Em! Your poppy quilting is amazing. And your mom's Pink Lemonade is luscious.

Sharon said...

the quilting on your poppies is wonderful! you are so good at that.
love mom's pink and yellow, too.

Nifty Quilts said...

Your poppies look so great with your special quilting. Love that appliqué of your mom's too!

Tangos Treasures said...

Love the poppy quilt!! I love the pink lemonade too! What fun pictures of quilting!!

Mama Pea said...

I love your poppies quilt. The little girl with the umbrella is a great touch. And your mom's pink lemonade (my fave drink) is just great. You two are a hoot. Say hi to her for me. Hugs!

Snoodles said...

Looks like everyone is having a great time! I wish I'd seen Porsche in our Pet Show! That would have been fun!

quiltzyx said...

Oh what fun to see what all you & Mom have been up to lately!!! Big Poppies is going to be a BIG hit - love the little umbrella girl too. :D

OXO