Sunday, December 16, 2012

Faith and Courage are Cornerstones

I cannot put in to words the grief I have experienced with this school shooting this week. I find myself distracted and crying at times I least expect and wanting to hide from the media. I have worked in psych for 25 years and my current job is the first time I have seen adult mental illness to this extreme and it scares me.....scares me that people have ill brains that can lead them to do horrible things that scar people for life......and to help me work through my grief I created this piece one night and so many tears stained the fabric. I used the text fabric for the message, Faith and Courage Cornerstones. I dedicate this piece to hope and healing and wish that I could do more......

4 comments:

Lynette said...

amen :(

Marlene said...

Well said Em. Keep strong.

Nifty Quilts said...

Beautiful piece. The sadness and the growth. Faith and courage, lovingly portrayed.

suemac said...

Everyone needs a way to express their shock and grief. Your piece is a beautiful reflection of how you feel.