Friday, September 20, 2013

Who says Black and White thinking is not fun?.....

I fell in love with the latest Piece O' Cake quilt book and my fav quilt design was Blowin' In the Wind. My mother is a whiz at using her incredible stash of black and white fabrics and I thought how fun it would be to try my hand at them and a great excuse to go fabric shopping....And so the fun has begun......
With each block I am attempting to tell a story. This block is fun for me because it commemorates the visit with my brothers this past August. They were amazed with the evening tradition of large murders of crows flying back to their nests. And so I call this block, Look Up!
This current palette is an alliteration....Cycling Commute through a City of Critters and Coffee....a splash of red will be it's focus.
And a quilt that is anything but black and white....enjoyed a lovely fall morning this past week sitting on Juanita Beach in an oversized Lifeguard Chair while listening to waves lap up to the beach.....
And more color...getting ready for Christmas with this Electric Evergreen piece......Loved loved loved making this and was reminded how much I love working with Solids and Kaffes.
And when I am not working or quilting.....yep! Soccer is our life and what a fun time we are having celebrating the sport together as a family! May you have a reason to celebrate! Em

3 comments:

Nifty Quilts said...

What fun projects! Love your yellow sprig on the black and white. I'm wondering if your quilts are kind of a scrap book of your life.

suemac said...

That Christmas quilt with Kaffe is really spectacular.

Lynette said...

I love crows!! Lucky to see so many like that. :D FUN Christmas quilt.