Wednesday, May 5, 2010

ENZO....Celebrating you and your author, Garth Stein....


Reading the story, The Art of Racing in the Rain, while petting my old stinky Harley Dog, I am reminded how extra special our furry friends in life are and how dearly my life will change when I tell him "It's ok to go...."  If you have not read this recent novel, I encourage you to pick up a copy and enjoy story line and count the many "Ah Hah" moments you have while reading and crying and crying and sniffling and crying.... And the main storyline is not one of sadness but winning the race when your will is all that is left....or your dog steals the custody papers and pisses on them!  Read the book if you are curious.....

2 comments:

ria vogelzang said...

Hihi......! Love our dogs!! All pets have a purpose, if one will see it anyway.......!
Our dogs are 12 and 11; and I can't think of the moment I have to say goodbye without tears in my eyes......... They mean so much to me.....!
Big hug from beyond the great pond.....!

Vesuviusmama said...

I've just reserved it at our library - look forward to reading it. I'll be sure to keep tissues handy.