Friday, June 25, 2010

Mirror mirror on the wall.......look closely......

I was having a moment of tranquility last week on the dock chatting with my good friend, Rick, pictured here.  While chatting I noticed that I could see Sean fishing in the reflection of his sunglasses.  Kinda fun.....And then I thought........how often my clients and students in the field only see themselves as reflections in sunglasses because there are no mirrors in the field....Would we treat ourselves kinder at times if we couldn't see our reflection.....Would you be curious.......Hmmmmm.  Happy Friday! Celebrating reflections!!!

5 comments:

Sew Pretty Dresses said...

Good thought! I know when I do really look at myself in the mirror I am a bit startled! Hahaha! So what do you do in the field?

Sandra Henderson said...

I always take off my sunglasses when talking to folks (unless I forget for a moment). I like eye to eye... but, I then do not look at myself in the mirror so much anymore. Great message Em. Thank you. Love ya! Love ya bunches! XXXXO

Judi said...

They have a competition in elementary school in VA called reflections. They pick a topic and the children make photos, drawings, etc.

Vesuviusmama said...

I don't look in mirrors all that much, and that's how I like it. Focusing on how I feel and what I do is so much more than paying attention to how I look, which can be so distracting (yes, since I am a ravishing beauty, you know - NOT!)

Anonymous said...

This post is in fact a pleasant one it helps new the web people, who are wishing in favor of blogging.


My webpage look at this