Saturday, January 28, 2012

Tonye Belinda Phillips....Thank you for your inspiration!


Are you familiar with the wonderful book, Hand Appliqued Quilts Whimsical Designs and Simple Techniques? Just the word, Whimsical, tells all! I fell in love with this book last year and there is a border on her Viva Mexico
quilt that seemed to be a border I would enjoy trying some day.....Well, the day is here! I am going out of my box completely on this quilt, not a favorite of mine but the creative exercise for me is fun.

Do you like the dynamic black and primitive stem and leaves or is it too bold? Sean does not care for the black and I love his honesty. With this black border I am wishing I would have used black to POP! the wonky snowball flowers but.....what sewn is sewn and SEW it is!

Do you find yourself nodding in agreement or saying to yourself, "I so get it, EM, I have thought the same thing with a project."?

Still a work in progress but I awoke this morning and made a deal with myself that before I start a Lorax quilt I will work on my WIP's....Not sure if I am sold on the bed I made with myself but will be grateful in the end when projects are finished.

Happy Saturday, Em

5 comments:

Lynette said...

I don't think it's too bold. I love it!!

Mama Pea said...

Em, I like it. I think the black is just fine, as there is some black in the middle. Maybe you can add some black quilting thread to help bring it more into the center as well.

Yes, what's sewn is sewn and let it be SEW is my motto, too!

Quiltdivajulie said...

If you use black binding, that will tie the strong sides across the top and into the center block (and some, maybe not all, black quilting thread) ... otherwise, by itself as it is, I think I'm with Sean . . .

Colleen said...

I LOVE IT!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

Tonye does AMAZING work.. I did a group project with her a while back and her work was drop dead gorgeous. speaking of drop dead gorgeous, LOVE you border! your grandma will LOVE this!!!