Monday, May 28, 2012

Eye to the memories of loved ones while creating memories of my own and CELEBRATING the puddles along the way....

Memorial Day.....As I begin this post and found the bottom photo that speaks to me of an abstract eye with wisps of hair tickling the forehead, loved ones flash by like slideshows and I smile and sigh simultaneously. While remembering Grandpa I CELEBRATE the memories that my family and I are creating each day that will one day be a sigh and a moment of reverie. Last summer my quilting breaks were on an ATV....now they are a kayak and paddle board with my boys. And the quilt....so close!!!!!! The two side borders and then this little silly ditty that is not so little, DONE! Seems to have a childlike primitive ju-ju and I am enjoying it. I hope you do too! And the fun of this quilt....Friday night I attended Seattle Modern Quilt Guild and played with the author of Quilting Modern, Katie Pedersen. Her blog is SEWKATIEDID@wordpress.com. She is so fun!!!!!! and her inspiration, OOH OOH OOH! Buy her book and you will want to create every quiilt! Oh how fun this little life in the NW is!!! Love, Em

6 comments:

Nifty Quilts said...

I love your Seattle quilt!!!

Em said...

Thank you, LeeAnn! I am haviing a riot with it. Happy Weekend to you.

Mary Keasler said...

Yes indeedie! Lovin that Seattle quilt. Wish I could have been there with you to meet Katie. I have their book and LOVE IT!
The abstract eye - WOW that is the first thing that I thought as I scrolled down to it. That is an inspiration.
xo

Miki Willa said...

Your Seattle quilt rocks! I can't wait to see it in person.

Clare said...

The Seattle quilt is wonderful. It reminds me of Pippi Longstocking.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love your Seattle quilt. I particularly love those tennis shoes. I'm trying to figure out how you did that. Is it raw edge applique?