Wednesday, May 2, 2012

How did I do, Miss Green Fairy?.....

This patriotic dolly quilt is complete minus binding and what a wonderful piece to practice with Roxy. If you are new to this fmq thing, have you found that fabrics that can guide your quilting with echoing is helpful. It sure is for me. The Green Fairy quilted a flag for my father a couple of years ago and I did my best to try and remember ditties that she had quilted in the stripes. I also used her idea for gettiing a the puffy trapunto effect by using double battings. Now for the fun part...shopping at a fabulous moms-and-pops toystore in my neighborhood for the doll. I could get used to this non-career thang! Happy Wednesday, nor more wilderness but a whole lot of celebrating still! Em

4 comments:

Miki Willa said...

You are so much braver than I am. FMQ still scares me, but I am working on a quilt right now that will scream for some echo quilting when it is all put together. Your work is inspirational.

Tangos Treasures said...

Very nice!! Love the header picture too!!

Mama Pea said...

Um. I could get used to a non-career thing, too. Great job!!!

Snoodles said...

I'm next in line for the non-career thing...LOL
Love your quilting - I'm just taking baby steps but trying FMQ and smiling all the while. So fun! You and Judi both inspire me!