Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Finding a new home.....

2 years ago Sean packed up the fifth wheel and set out for a job in Seattle.....it worked out well for him and we launched our family once more in the fifth wheel 6 months later.....Arrived with no jobs, a couple of pieces of furniture, 4 bins of Legos, a little stash of fabric, Sean's basic tools, Roxy and a whole lot of dreams.....
There were some "BOO- hoos as we left careers behind,our dream home, great friends and family.....
There have been many hours on our knees imploring God to comfort and guide us as we searched for work....jobs that went beyond showing up for a paycheck and revisited our Utah days of passion for our careers...finding our niche....
But the children, 2 and 4 legged, were always our focus.....Noah and Porsche moved in so seamlessly and what a relief to mine and Sean's hearts!.....
And amidst the trees and the green and the lovelies of Seattle....Sean and I played on days off and kept the faith.....
After relentless inner goadings, I submitted applications knowing that it was time to move on from Fairfax....windows of oppurtunity began to open....
My new home for my career......an incredible job that seemed so far out of reach 18 months ago.....and I am PSYCHED!!!!!!
This ceiling was the definitive sign! A quilt!!!! A current work in progress to become a quilt to celebrate! Years and years ago I set the goal to get my graduate degree in nursing from the Universtiy of Washington due to its reputation......and now I work where I can get free tuition....Today I go to UW to explore enrolling and looking for beauty on the campus....So many years ago my grandfather walked the campus and received his PhD....Grandma turns 100 in January and loves telling me here memories of their years in Seattle.
Fingers crossed and heart and soul ready for this new adventure! Thanks for celebrating with me!!! Em

8 comments:

suemac said...

Good luck in your new job.

Nifty Quilts said...

Wow! Congratulations!!! I hear SO many good things about patient treatment and outcomes at Harborview. Plus nice people, free tuition and a ceiling quilt! It doesn't get better than that. Truly blessed.

Char said...

Congratulations and best of luck Em!

Judi said...

This is just wonderful Em! Good luck, you succeed at everything you do! Lots of love!

Lynette said...

WOW, EM :D How cool is this?! I'm excited for you that you can pursue your graduate dream for FREE TUITION. Very, very cool. Hey, say hi to my hubby's nephews that are both there for undergrad!

Kim said...

You can do it! One day at a time and your'll be a MSN! Who knows maybe you'll get your PhD just like your grandpa and be a doctor nurse :0).
Best wishes for a successful experience at work and school.

Happy Sewing

Karen said...

My heart is so happy. You cross my mind often. Your dreams are coming true.

Sujata Shah said...

Congratulations Em!!! So excited for you! It must be such a proud and meaningful moment when you found out about your job there. WoW! what a sense of belonging with family history there.
Lucky you!
Good luck with your new adventure!
Sujata