Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Have you ever created quilts with a glue stick?.....Celebrating Freddy Moran's collage technic!

They say that Necessity is the Mother of Invention........Is that what they say, I am known to mix up my adages.....I have been quilting for 6 years and 2 months and it has been a journey.....I aspired to be the gifted quilters that my great grandmother, grandmother, mom, aunt and sister were.....within 9 months of beginning to quilt I found myself in therapy....YEP! I wanted to be 'perfect' and was not squaring up my corners, lining up my lines and found myself distraught with the creative process.....and then, I discovered glue sticks and novelty fabric....the rest is history and Freddy Moran's current style of COLLAGE could not be more welcomed by me! I celebrate her and the beauty of cutting up fabric and making quilts! Hope you enjoy my glue stick creations over the years in this gallery post.....
Resides with my dear friend in Paducah.....
Resides with a dear assistant of my past career...her Christmas quilt.....
My Seattle Series......
1 of 4 placemats for a nature lover......
A birthday card for my dear SIL who was dreaming of visiting us in Seattle....a ticket was attached.....
Placemat #2.....love the idea of staring every day with a song!.....
Celebration of the warmth of fall.......and retaining those yummy memories for the long chilly winter season....
Kaffe Fassettt fabrics are the perfect medium for Collage quilts......
A gut wrenching piece celebrating a murdered cowboy from my hometown......
Blesses Mark Lipinsky as he heals from his transplant....a celebration of a dear woman in his life.....
House boat neighbor to the home in Sleepless in Seattle.....my comical version of a Bed and Breakfast....
Commemorating our drive to Seattle....Dad and I celebrated the spring blossoms on the UW campus and imagined walking my grandfather did so many years ago while attaining his PhD.....
Tree of Life...binding completed on an outing to the beach on Vashon Island while my boys created a fort out of driftwood....bought the spirit animal fabric in Utah as a celebration for our decision to move to the NW....
A celebration for Victoria's dedication to gifting quilts to the homeless of New York and Tonya's LOVE block design.......
Cheeky fun......a good-bye gift to a fav wilderness friend....
And a final note.....may ideas continue to take flight and may the soul fly free! Love, Em

3 comments:

Angie said...

I am head-over-heels heart-trip-beating in LUVVVVV with your collage quilts, girl :d

Chris said...

Totally inspired and uplifted by your joy-filled quilts. Even the sad ones are filled with optimism and love.

Nifty Quilts said...

Ooh, thank you for posting this wonderful show of your collage quilts! I hadn't seen many of them. So much love and fun in each one. You are the master of the glue stick and novelty fabrics!