Monday, July 16, 2012

Missy is out it again!

Do you recall the post months ago about a little girl, Hannah, who was hit by an SUV on the highway and in the hospital. Missy and I had created her a quilt and it was Missy's first experience to the wonderful holiday. This past weekend she and my brother were visiting and oh so fun! Missy played in the scraps and came up with a very bright and cheery baby quilt for a 10 pound Penelope. She did not want to use the average newborn themed fabrics so went with this fun Redhead that shares the same hair color as Penelope. Roxy has a new friend to help us from tucking our backs when fm quilting. A little bit of a challenge to get used to quilting on but the John Flynn frames are going to be my ticket. Fun to try something new! How about you, anything new? Happy Monday, Em

6 comments:

Nifty Quilts said...

I've never seen or heard of these frames. Looks interesting! Great quilt too.

bernie said...

That quilt looks too cute - please share your experience with the Flynn frame. I am ashamed to admit I have one tucked away for two years now and have yet to even open it up to try. Bernie

Clare said...

That looks interesting. Can it be fitted to any machine?

Vesuviusmama said...

Funny that you mention John Flynn, as I just used his diagonal pieced backing technique for the first time this weekend!

quiltzyx said...

So much fun! Love the Seattle Rain quilt on the wall too... :^)

Mama Pea said...

I am not seeing any of the comments I left a while back. You probably think I've been ignoring you! I love those umbrellas on the quilt you made.