Thursday, July 5, 2012

What daily doing is your meditation....What is your Clinique favorite....and I am not talking Nordy's sale item

When life becomes busy, a little off kilter or a morning when you think, "Can I start this over?"......What is a routine you do each day that can become a moment of peace while you focus on each step and nothing else.......
I have left a career in the wilderness behind but not my love for my career....Today, a patient taught me that the simple act of washing her face and dabbing Clinique on her face, behind her ears and her neck can be a meditation.....Her Clinique is my Kona Solid or new rotary blade....a cut here, an iron there, and NO WAY! everywhere when it comes to these borders, he he! Last but not least, trying on different borders and then to the quilter. LOVE to you on this eve! Em

9 comments:

quiltzyx said...

Mmmmmm, mine is my morning shower. Letting the hot water wake me up & loosen any tension in my shoulders. Aaaaahhh!

ria vogelzang said...

Love to you too! I just enjoy a quiet half hour in the morning with my dog and just looking at my quilts (and yours, that is still in my sight... ;) .....)

Nifty Quilts said...

Beautiful sentiment. The power of being in the moment, no matter what we're doing. Ah, thanks for the reminder!

Miki Willa said...

Deep, dark 85%+ chocolate. Just a little bit, and all is right with the world. I love this quilt. The star with the house in the center says it all.

joe tulips said...

I love this quilt. I had to think though...what is my clinique? I wasn't sure and had to think about it. Coffee in the morning, nice, rich and dark with lots of cream. Did I tell you, I love this quilt to pieces!

Lynette said...

hmmm - my Clinique meditation moment has to be. . . either savoring my 2 squares of Dove Dark after dinner while watching an evening show with Scott, or going through a pile of Baby Jane prepwork - it gets "flowy" and fun with all the different colors. :)

LisaT said...

I enjoy guilt free time in the sewing room and it's extra special when DH cooks dinner too!

PS - Intrigued by the Maxi Pad comment on the sidebar so I had to go look. Mine reads "Peace of mind is knowing eyvery thing is there when I need it" and "It feels good to be so confident every day". I suppose that is all true!

Sharon said...

I LOVE this quilt! It is just super fun and happy, and what a great story it has too.

My moment? Hmmm, it has to be that first cup of tea in the a.m. with my word puzzle books. That kind of "centers" me for my day. Also, communing with my fabrics has the same influence! *grin*

Jasa SEO said...

Meditation is often an effective solution to control stress and depression. Actually, stress is a normal reaction of the body and mind to some things that are not correspond with our desires.
http://a-links.biz/2012/what-is-meditation-meditation-concept-of-me-universe-and-god/