Monday, December 14, 2009

Wonky tonk cowboy...







Something about cowboy boots, cowboy hats and mustangs. Did I mention mustangs....

Pictured at the top of this post are real mustangs in Nevada that approached my truck while I was opening a gate. They are pretty tame due to being fed through winter by a truck.

My earliest favorite fabric was a retro cowboy print with boys and girls from a couple years back. Dana, owner of Lazy Daisy Cottage quilt shop designed a quilt using the line and named it, "Emily". What a funny thing this quilting is... First pattern out of this fabric line was Yellow Brick Road and I am still using remnants of it from my stash. If I was asked what is my signature quilt style, THIS IS IT! Every quilt is different and the more quilt artists that inspire me with their wonkiness, the more interesting they become. Mary Lou Weidman, Sewtakeahike, Freddy Moran just to name a few are my wonky inspirations!

No comments: