Monday, December 14, 2009

My first Brodery Perse project... or is it Brodery Purse....


I got excited to try "cheating" with applique by cutting out flowers from Kaffe Fassett fabric and glue/ hand stitch on in primitive manner. Showed my mom and she let me know I was using Brodery Perse technic and I still don't know how to spell it....What do you think? The fabrics are Kaffe Fassett's and I saw similar quilts in Collaborative Quilting books by Freddy Moran and Gwen Marston and Mary Lou Weidman's works. Currently the quilt is at Judi's Green Fairy Quilts being blessed with her talent! If you want to marvel at her artistry, visit Greenfairyquilts.com and check out her blog. Plus, you will see my quilts.... I love her!!!

3 comments:

arlette said...

Love the colors!, you're really fast!

Em said...

its so fun and easy!!!!!!!!! have you ever done this technic? I have a secret, I have a wonderful husband who does a lot of domestic stuff so I can hobby :)) He is a find!!

arlette said...

you're so lucky!, and he's a diamond, lol