Monday, June 25, 2012

A B C's....a scrapbuster fo sho!

Friends, It has been a night of sewing along with Roxy and tears at times just because...ever shed some of those?.....Noah and I are solo this week because Sean is working in St. George. He has kept his company there and will do minimal travelling and this is one of those times. Noah is 10 and is described as having a WISE SOUL....early Sunday Sean flew out and whispered to Noah, "You are the man of the house this week." I thought I would lose it.....Noah got in the car and told me, "I miss Dad but I like the feeling of being the man of the house." When Sean is gone, Noah is particularly lovey with me and almost a different side comes out. He joined me at the quilt shop yesterday and we found some fabric for last year's fab teacher, Marte. Then to Barnes for mag perusing to find pattern, THAT WE DID!!!! I apologize for not knowing pattern but will find out then blog. This ABC quilt is designed in honor of the fun pattern but of course, not using beautiful fabrics but instead my stash. Noah told me to make it crazy like Marte's creative persona and that is what she will get! I am smiling as I type this and I hope that you are smiling as you read between the words in my post, those emotions that cannot be typed.... And a THANK YOU for support and energy about my new job. It is a very exciting time because I was able to have 3 months of sabbatical with my husband and a gift we will always treasure. But....I am a career woman at heart and it was time to get back to my skills and out of the spa. My new job is welcoming my energy about empowering techs and teaching them the rationale behind best practices. BIG DEAL! to have a new company curious about my ideas and extending open arms. I will be a charge nurse for an inpatient unit of general psych diagnoses although I have a feeling I will be wandering to the detox unit. My specialty and love......giving my heart and hope to clients who are battling battles I cannot imagine. Love, Em

5 comments:

Nifty Quilts said...

I'm sure you will be a welcome asset to the unit, bringing your light and warmth, brightening up the place by leaps and bounds! Congratulations to you AND to the other staff and patients.

Unknown said...

Oh Em! You are such a wonderfullt special lady! Those are some lucky people to have you on their side AND to work with!!! I just took some time a scrolled through some past posts and I am grinning ear to ear!!! The great energy is oozing through the screen!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!HUG!

quiltzyx said...

Lucky Marte, to have had Noah as a student! It is lovely to hear how he is taking special care of YOU, while Dad is in Utah. What wonderful thing has he made you the 2 of you to eat this time?

Karen said...

I remember the year my son helped design a new quilt for his bed - he was about 10. He's 33 now and every time I see that quilt I remember how he picked out where the blocks should go. Precious memories - so glad you shared yours.

Mama Pea said...

I love everything about this post! Sure do miss you guys!