Monday, June 18, 2012

What's on your menu?......It could win you fabric from Green Fairy...again!.

Follow your heart...... What a whirl of 3 months.....We have dived in head first to our new life in the NW and continue to thank God for the fun and beauty we discover each day. My quilting has become little ditties that are moments for reverie as I piece and quilt them. The above small quilt was inspired by a family mountain bike ride Saturday morning and the pattern, Little Hills. I started with a pattern but that didn't last long.... he he. Biking In Paradise.....Quilting this was great practice. Became a gift for a couple who have a small child who will one day mountain bike with them as NOah is doing with me and Sean.....A sort of early celebration for them! When asked by people why we moved...answer is easy, leave a demanding career to return to my roots of family and nature and exercise and offer new oppurtunities for my son....my trails in St. George have become trails that are ever changing in Seattle. Below was a mountain bike trail but then....just didn't like it. When I chopped here and there it exclaimed to me, "I am a retro vase..." Today is my last day of my sabbatical and it has been a delight! It has been PURE BLISS! The above retro floral is for my newest fav bistro, Skelly and the Bean. The business story behind its opening is amazing and a celebration of community! Google if you have a chance. I am creating this little ditty for her quaint self. The green on the bottom of the quilt is to mimick the retro formica tables we have all eaten on. How can you not fall in love with a eatery when it has the below menu...look at the a la carte! And on the back will be a cheeky little label honoring Noah's duck confit biscuits and gravy.... Quilting can be so entertaining for me and I hope that you have enjoyed this random little celebration on Monday. MONDAY'S MANTRA....What's on your menu? I had so much fun giving away fabric last week that why not do it again! Leave a comment about the mantra and tomorrow morning I will announce the winner. Make it a delicious comment to satiate my hunger of hearing from you! Savory or sweet, up to you...... Love, Em

10 comments:

Vesuviusmama said...

I would want to eat there, if just for the bacon quilt - how cool is that? My menu is varied and eclectic. It doesn't subscribe to "this is a breakfast food, this is a lunch food". Veggies for breakfast, fruit at dinner. Sometimes I plan a menu based on colors - all yellow and orange foods for dinner. For our last dinner before leaving on this trip, as I was trying to use up what we had in the fridge, I found myself thinking "good thing my kids are older now - this is a choking hazard meal" as we ate hot dogs and grapes.

Sallie said...

We are celebrating today! It's steak, sides and 3 kinds of cheesecake tonight!

Chris said...

Yesterday's Father's Day menu - marinated flank steak, mashed potatoes, roasted asparagus, my first ever cherry pie (with a woven top like the bacon haha)- and "he" also had a delicious nap! :)

Gill said...

We have a glut of asparagus and cauliflower at the moment so every meal includes one or both!!
I love the idea of a bacon quilt!

Karen said...

So funny that this came up. A friend dropped off some red snapper from the Gulf of Mexico that he caught last week so we had grilled snapper bites, cheese grits, tomatoes from the garden and fresh peaches for lunch today!! Quite a treat for us - normally it's PB&J:). Love the biking pictures - so serene.

Cathy said...

Oh how I love your stories and your quilts. You always bring a smile to face. We are going to have grilled salmon on ciabatta bread with a mayo sauce and arugula. Gotta get some fresh fruit to go with it. You pictures of your bike ride reminds me so much of our nature walks. Hugs

Janet said...

I am still full from the delectable chocolate mocha cheesecake that DD made for her dad yesterday that the menu today is mostly water. :)

Miki Willa said...

Veggies, veggies, and more veggies! Tonight, I am going to make a salad of all kinds of greens from the garden, zuchini, Greek olives, radiches, cucumber, tomato, avocado, and whatever else I can find in the drawer. I love eating low on the food chain.

Linda Kay said...

I was planning on leftovers from Father's Day, but somehow they all got eaten while I was at work. So it was make your own dinner night at our house and I had waffles and a hard boiled egg! Then topped it off with a piece of leftover lemon cheesecake. Yummy.

Diana and LaDonna said...

Anything is good when it is followed by chocolate peanut butter ice cream!

LaDonna