Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sunny Sunday in Southern St. George....the DOG days of summer......


This morning I realize that summer has finally arrived to my neighborhood! 

I love the snippet of this fabric art piece because it is my homeland in fabric....a lot of red sandstone and varying colors of dirt and rock with hearty yellow blossoms and occasional grasses amidst the crannies of the rock and houses....

And do you the spy the little tiny wells of water and strip of flowing water?....


Porsche was so hot on our stroll that she too found a very small reprieve from the heat and I giggled as I doused her and she simply panted and enjoyed!  Amazing how sometimes the smallest find can be just what is needed.  An irrigation box that has a broken pipe is an oasis in our desert!



And a teeny tiny tube of water for watering a tree....

John 4:13-14 tells of a conversation between Jesus and a Samaritan woman....
"But whoever takes a drink of water that I will give him shall never, no never, be thirsty anymore. But the water that I will give him shall become a spring of water welling up (bubbling, flowing) continually within him unto Eternal life."

Double click on the photo and you can see a single droplet suspended....

What is your moment today that when you zoom in you see suspended?......

Off to create the last block for the batik beauty then border and applique it is!

Love, Em


2 comments:

Cathy said...

Love the fabric art photo. It does look like your neck of the woods. I clicked on the photo and was amazed. Hugs.

Minnie D said...

Two lovers entwined:
The hardest of kisses, the softest of moans.
11 years together and 2 apart, they find one another again on the front seat of a pick-up truck
Littered with dinner--beer bottles and tortilla chips
Overlooking the 80 acres that would have been her home had she not walked away
I love you, he says
I love you too
We can never do this again
I know
And so she suspends the moment