Friday, July 9, 2010

"And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, and be thankful...."CELEBRATING Colossians

Isn't it amazing how buying a beautifully saturated line of fabric can bring a scripture to mind....The "peace" is in the top block below.  I had a nap at 8 pm then was up to stitch in the middle of the night and almost.....almost....went to Walmart for batting to do the quilting....but instead I sent a little note to a friend and said "sweet dreams" to my DH.  SO....off to the field today then hopefully some quilting, my goal is to be able to gift it tomorrow  to my favorite barista, Julie, who returns from having dear Savannah.  I have missed her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Brings back the memory of returning to work after having taken 6 weeks to spoil little Noah.....Who am I fooling...he went to work with me and was known as the "turtle" for always riding in the backpack.  Another fabulous reason to be a nurse outside of the operating room :).
 I love this fabric, "KNOW PEACE!" 

And then my brain thinks of the talent of "Piece of Cake" designs....how do our silly brains do it?!


Thank you to all of you have posted crisp quilts on your blogs using color as a splash and white as a main canvas.  I always love them and so I tried one last night.....Could do them often!  If you think of a blog you want to celebrate, go for it in the comments! 

Ready for Roxy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I sent my dear Green Fairy a pining love note last night.  As I neared the end of this baby quilt I could envision ideas of what she would do to transform this into a masterpiece....I can dream of her being my personal quilter....SHHHHHH! Don't tell Roxy....


And since I mentioned her, if you haven't been to Green Fairy's blog this week, go there right now.....YOU WILL DIE AT HER NAVAJO RUG QUILTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the Sunflowers and  EVERY OTHER QUILT SHE TOUCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Judi said...

You are way too sweet Em!

Anonymous said...

Em, I love your blog and all the news! What line of fabric is 'O La la"? Love the twins as I too have just had a new grandchild. Cheers Denise in Botswana.
Ps: dont have a blog yet.

Em said...

Denise, how fun to have you write me! Congrats on your new grandchild. Boy or Girl? Can you email me so that I can contact you, I have a question???

Judi, LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!