Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Imagine + Rippling of Diane Hire Curves= teeny quilt for AAQI celebrating! Grandma

Friends, Thank you so much for participating in the auction today and the bidding was so amazing to me! What a wonderFULL show of support for Alzheimer's research! Tonight I closed the bidding and Quilt Diva Julie is the new owner of HOPE. I am so appreciative of the bids that came through after I had emailed Julie and apologize that I had closed without posting.....THANK YOU!!!!!


It was so much fun that I have created a Diane Hire-inspired quilt measuring 8 X 11 inches. IMAGINE is my playful interp of my grandma looking out of her window and smiling at a small girl biking by with her kitten and naivetely waving. I can hear her voice as she tells me a story...she was my room-mate for years and I miss her!

I love the ripple effect of friendship and good works and I celebrate these curves rippling outwardly.....can't wait for Roxy to accentuate the curves tomorrow!

"Cross to bear"....How many of us fear that as we age we will one day burden our children.....Window panes- I remember looking into Grandma's eyes when she began to slip and think, "They say the eyes are the windows to the soul"....

i IMAGINE one day hugging grandma and asking her, "Do you remember the Christmas holiday that I was in Florida sleeping and you visited me in my dream and you asked me to come to you.....I awoke with the most scared feeling of wondering/ imagining...did I have a near death experience..." I will never forget the feeling of being sucked towards her and then the reliquishing of the pull and waking.....

This piece will be quilted in the next couple of days and then off to the auction....God Bless Grandma, the glue stick and IMAGINE-ing!

Love, Em






4 comments:

Tangos Treasures said...

How awesome!!

Cathy said...

I love this quilt. I really got to get a glue stick...lol You are amazing. Hugs

Deborah said...

What a beautiful story, Em. I love this quilt, too.
Hugs, Deborah

quiltzyx said...

Wonderful story Em.
The quilt is so cute too! Looking thru' the WINdow... :D

And congrats to Julie too!!