Thursday, August 25, 2011

"Michele and Quilt Diva, You warned me.........And i THANK YOU!"

You will have 1 minute to complete this section of your ACT exam.....Plesae fill the bubble that corresponds with the correct answer in completely with a No. 2 pencil. When you are done you will have 10 minutes before the next section....

(ACT: A trademark for a college entrance exam
act: a state of real existence rather than possibiity
act: the process of doing something, a charitable act)




celebrating... THE act!!!!!!




1. When creating a teeny tiny quilt for AAQI what are the measurements not to be exceeded?

A. 10 X 20"
B. 9 X 11"
C. Size doesn't matter because they will take anything!




2. Why would a quilter who has limited time make a quilt for AAQI?

A. Be a martyr
B. CELEBRATE! feeling great about supporting a wonderful and personal cause
C. Give the lemonAID business a try



3. True or False: It is more fun to create the wrong size and host your own auction of 2 quilts and raise $175.00 for research.



Do you see the silhouette the the little girl on the bike? I love the back of quilts!!!

Thank you, Kat at http://kellygirlquilts.blogspot.com, for buying this piece for $100.00 and donating to the Alzheimers Research! I will be binding it today and then in to the mail it goes.

Friends, I am off to San Diego and Las Vegas for the next 4 days and will be glueing more auction pieces. Send me a note if you have an idea you would like me to play with or a fav quilt I have done on this blog that you would like a mini of......Just may get your wish!

Love, Em




12 comments:

Karen said...

And to think if I'd never started a blog, our paths would never have crossed!! I celebrate you my friend:)!!!!!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Like the new blog header!!!

Measurements NOT to exceed for Priority Quilts? 9" x 12" MAX ...

Needled Mom said...

That is awesome, Em. What a great way to make a donation to the cause!!!

Have a safe trip.

quiltzyx said...

1. B
2. B
3. TRUE!

LOL
Have a safe & fun trip Em!!

Em said...

Thanks, Ladies!

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

hahahaha! You are just too funny sometimes.
Have a great trip!
Love your header too!

Sujata Shah said...

That's on my to do list between now and the 12th! Our guild is collecting quilts for AAQI.
Have fun hanging them!

em's scrapbag said...

What a fortunate accident. Enjoy your trip!

Snoodles said...

I'm crazy about your new header! What fun! I'm so happy for you that you were able to have such a successful auction! You rock, Em!
Have a fun weekend, celebrate family and good times, and keep the jeep upright, OK? LOL
Jacque

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Have a great trip, and I love the quilting

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Love your post! Congratulations for such a great contribution...absolutely fantastic!

Smiles,
Kelly

Michele Bilyeu said...

You make me laugh so hard, I choked on my chips. Bet you can't make just one...

9"x12" or smaller including binding's protruding poufiness.

Dang, any more chips and I will have protruding poufiness, too. Oh, wait...I think I already might. I am a woman of a certain age!

And that's the exact right age for all of your fun;)