Wednesday, December 22, 2010

And the rain kept coming along with the miracles....

This morning is very emotional for me as I have been brought back from my Disneyland bubble by phone call from Grandma and reading posts on Facebook of my co-workers.  The record rainfall is affecting my community once more as it did 6 years ago...houses falling into the river, roads closed, Springdale evaced and the above pic is of my field area where my boss is attempting to get to his boys to do therapy.  LIterally working in the trenches! I am crying tears of gratitude as I read on Facebook of friends who are zip-lining across rivers to evac clients, helicopter assisting us with deliveries and drives that take 8 hours that would normally take 4.  Today I would go to see clients and that is not going to happen.....I am so humbled by the safety for my students/clients and co-workers and dedication of our community.

And more CELEBRATION tears.....My sweet Harley niece is being adopted today by her loving family and Sharon excitedly wrote to let me know the news.  1 year from her getting Harley, What a birthday gift to their family and me!!!!


If you follow my blog, this pic is just one of the many where this sweet little girl has melted my heart and thank you to the state for seeing the value in giving Harley a chance for life without drugs in the home!  And to the dedication of her aunt who has raised a family and is open to starting over so this little one has a future!
I could go on and on but I need to grab a Kleenex.

CELEBRATING A Wednesday of WOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

Jenny said...

wonderful news of Harley. I love hearing good news especially at this time of year!

Sew Pretty Dresses said...

How so very wonderful for Harley. It lifts my heart so much! She is blessed indeed! I pray everyone will stay safe.

Nifty Quilts said...

Wow, alright. I'm speechless. So many blessings, people pulling together to love one another.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

How wonderful for Harley! All little ones need a loving home to grow and prosper!! We, here in California, are experiencing much of the same with flooding and land giving way beneath boulders and homes. Prayers to your community!

Vesuviusmama said...

How wonderful for Harley, and for the clients who are safe and cared for. Stay safe and dry, friend!

Sujata Shah said...

Em!!!
I can see how you can be so emotional! I agree, every single life deserves the best this world has to offer.. I am so happy for Harley!
It is a wonderful thing to be reading your blog, getting inspired and encouraged to do more!
XOXOXO

Janet said...

Life can be bitter...and it can be sweet. Blessings are falling on Harley today.

Judi said...

Just wrap her up and put a pink bow on her and smother her with kisses. The most super excellent Christmas gift.