Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Celebrating Easter this morning...Good Shepherd's staff


Middle of the night I awoke with stir in my heart....heart strings played joy and deep sadness as I received emails from loved ones and peers.  Distracted with grief of a loved one's soulmate's death, I drove to work while the sun peeked over the buttes of Zion National Park and thought of the photos that depict the Easter Season....Looking for comfort at my local Starbucks and my dear barista, Julie, gifted this bookmark in honor of my sweet Harley Dog, she beaded it....My immediate thought was of Jesus' shepherd hook and finding comfort in his peace..

CELEBRATING love and seizing the moments to say "I love you!" because our mortality is fragile.

7 comments:

Sew Pretty Dresses said...

Thinking of you. So sorry about your loss. Love you girl!

ria vogelzang said...

Sorry to hear about your loss.
Sending very big hugs over the big pond and hope they bring comfort to you.
Love to you!!!!!
And our Lord is a real good Shepherd. He really carries you when you think you can't go any further. (I know......)
xxxxxxxx!

Judi said...

My pastor has been preaching about the shepherd at church the past few weeks. Such interesting facts about the sheep and shepherds. Hugs for you in your time of sorrow.

Sandra Henderson said...

Oh Em!~ What happened? I can't find it?!?!!? oh no.... I'm so sorry... email me please.
ugh!

Tangos Treasures said...

I missed it to???????? ackkkkkkkkkkk
Sending prayers!!

Vesuviusmama said...

Oh, I didn't read blogs yesterday, and I missed sending virtual hugs your way in your time of need! So sorry!

Janet said...

I've been carrying sadness in my heart all week over the tragic death of a former client and looking for a way to turn my grief to a feeling of peace. I like your shepherd's hook.