Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Godwink that is so fun and very amazing to my soul...How does this happen?

This is a Godwink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
I was perusing blogs this morning and dropped by http://bumblebeansinc.blogspot.com/   and saw the post from this past Wednesday...I could have fallen over with the photo...

Last night I created this piece for "V" aka Victoria for her work on the houses quilts for homeless families with the inspiration of Tonya's love blocks and......they are currently hanging out!  I promise that I had not read this post until this morning....FUN huh?  I added this narrative today, Friday, and below is the text from last night...I love the connection of quilter's souls!!!!!!!!!

Since the day I saw Lazy Gal Unruly Quilter, Tonya's, LOVE quilt blocks I have wanted to emulate.  This small piece was made as Sean sketched tattoos and Noah ran in and out with buddies....what a fun evening of Kaffe Fassett's fabrics exploding in my kitchen!!!!

As it took shape I saw the "V" and from that moment on it became a celebration of a quilter and i named it the obvious..."The House that Love Built"  Quilting tomorrow...hopefully!

Sending the love from my home to your home!  Em

4 comments:

ria vogelzang said...

"V" as in "Victory for Love"!!!!
Love your little Love-House!! :))
Enjoy this great day!! The sun is shining over here and it's going to be a day with a golden lining...... (I can feel it..... :))) ....)!
Love and a big hug, Ria.

Vesuviusmama said...

I "LOVE" it!

Tangos Treasures said...

Beautiful!!

Annabelle said...

Love, love, love the colours. So vibrant. I am also a new crafter and blogger (annabelleserendipity.blogspot.com) looking for inspiration around the net and stumbled upon you. I enjoyed my first visit and will be back.