Friday, August 27, 2010

QuiltMania and Kaffe Fassett are my inspiration for a traditional piece started...



I can't stop drooling over the richness of these colors.....

I was stuck on which pattern to make so I found inspiration in Kaffe Fassett ideas of his bordering medallions and this will be my own version....I know I am addicted when I am cutting imbetween sick bouts to the bathroom and bed...

I am trying so hard to stick with tradition, PLEASE cheer me on that I can do this! HA HA HA!

7 comments:

Sew Pretty Dresses said...

You can do it, you can do it, you can do it!!!
Oh wait wait, how about...
Give me an E!
Give me an M!
What's that spell?????
EM!!!
Yay! Rah!! Woo hoo!!!

Gorgeous quilt beginning BTW. I love those birds. Go get your rest though! Take care of your self!

Janet said...

Rah! Rah! (Your traditional is more brilliant than the autumn leaves!) Get well soon.

Char said...

Em I love it so far. Keep going. You can do it.
My daughter and I are cheering you on! Give me an "E"... E! Give me an "M"... M! Go Em!!!!

RaeAnna said...

Hey Em,
I am loving this! What beautiful coloring! You are doing amazing work like always! :)

maree said...

Who's the greatest in the land,we all want to say.E and M make her name, and quilts are so her game ( sung to the Mickey Mouseketeers song just in case you couldn't hear me singing over the other side of the world)!!!! Oh Em, poor you being sick, but hey sewing really is the best medicine. And wow those colours are just scrummy. They'll help the recovery. CIao

Tangos Treasures said...

Beautiful colors!!
Hope you get to feeling better!

Judi said...

I think I can I think I can I think I can I know I can Go Em Go!