Thursday, August 19, 2010

The wilderness was a disco dance floor with lightning strobe lights...and squeal of delight when I hear from Green Fairy

So...I have to begin with my very exciting news......Take a guess what it is....OK- did you guess....?

Green Fairy emailed me last night that my circus quilt is on and nearly done- I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I will wake up every morning and peek just to see if it is photoed...Can you tell I am a little excited to be that close to getting her work of art!!!


I thought of my drive last night in the wilderness when seeing this quilt top I created a couple of months ago.  Last night's sunset was this border while birds took flight during the day and ruffled their wonky feathers when the thunderstorm rolled in.  It was as though I was driving in the center of disco dance floor and the lightning was a strobe light flashing 360 degree around me. My day of client and staff visits ended at 9:30 pm and 2 1/2 hours later I arrived at base.   I had a moment when I sent out my "dove as Noah did in ark days" when texting my husband that I was safe but would not be back to town until midnight.  Such a surreal experience as owls flew in the headlights and a small deer quietly looked at me in the middle of a dirt road. and most interesting.... the eery eyes of cows that glowed when nothing else showed up until I arrived to them.  And then I giggled as I realized that through this beuaty I had sung at the top of my lungs to Marley and then Bocelli.  Love the randomness of life!!!!!!!!! Halloween was a little early and what a fabulous spiritual experience!

What a day of CELEBRATING bedtime humor around a campfire, most delicious gnocchi enjoyed with a stick as my utensil and reassuring staff and clients that they are "rockin' it in the woods" and how much respect I have for them as they commit to sobriety or simply taking one moment at a time....

There is healing is the desert....Thank you God for leading me down this career path!!!!!!

1 comment:

Vesuviusmama said...

I envy you your "office" sometimes, but I'm not sure I could handle a commute that ends at midnight!