Monday, May 3, 2010

CELEBRATING a community project of love and Angels on the swings!

I would be a liar to say that this Angel does not tear up my heart!  The beauty of her is a reminder to patrons of this children's park that not all children are able to hang on earth long enough to play on this fun structure but their memories are given tribute in this garden! I do not know what it is like to lose a child to death but my heart aches imagining the sadness. Some names I know from my childhood and many I do not, but I can spend a moment in reverence and pray that their families have been comforted and welcome the tears.  Reminiscent of THE SHACK and the children playing with God near the waterfall.

 Having been away from Price for 20 years, my eyes are fresh when I return to this community that has weathered storms of economic depression, lives lost to the treacherous career of coal mining and that sense of community will always prevail! This play structure was all donations and completed with the help of 3500 local volunteers a few years ago. 
Harley thinks it is a hoot that Aaron is focussed so diligently on "pumping".  A fun rhythm that we often don't outgrow but sometimes forget about until jumping back into the "swing of things!"

1 comment:

Judi said...

I love to swing!