Thursday, November 29, 2012

One lady's trash is another's STASH......2 more for my Seattle series

Ok, ok, ok......Fabric could never be TRASH...but it rhymed, he he. Last weekend while playing with Nifty, she brought out bags of fabric to sift through. You can imagine the delight when I found a rainy sky remnant. And POOF! Seattle #something in the works. I am partial to the little bird with its own umbrella resting on the girl's foot. Oh how I love and CELEBRATE little details. And the lit up Needle....that too is a remnant. When we were moving to Seattle, 99% of people where aghast that we would move to a rainy climate.....I CELEBRATE its beauty and as I tell my patients, "It is all in how you spin it".
Oh the interesting texts I have gotten from people since pot became legal in my new homeland.......My favorite Godwink was when I passed by the pattiserie shop in West Seattle titled, BAKE, and then my phone buzzed with a friend asking if I was a stoner yet......NOPE! Never touched it and never will. When we owned a turtle top VW bus I was stereotyped by my coworkers. It was kinda fun in a silly way.....And so I open this Christmas season from my little neighborhood in the burbs of Seattle with this classic van and of course.....VW and Woodstock are like bacon and eggs! They just go together. Happy Thursday! With these 3 days off in a row I am on fire and boy does it feel good. How about you? Love, Em

6 comments:

Lynette said...

All in the spin - ain't that SO true. :) I think this cool chick rockin' out in the rain with her little bird friend is my favorite Seattle piece yet. :D

Nifty Quilts said...

I love how you've spun the rainy fabric into another joyful piece!

Janet said...

Wonderful pieces!

Jenny said...

i am loving your city series Em..

Char said...

Looks like you've been having lots of fun meeting blog friends.
I'm lovin' the VW! Enjoy your time off.

Sharon said...

are you going to put all the seattle pieces together in one quilt, or are they each individual? I love them!