Monday, August 13, 2012

L O V E!!!! Just too fun!

I still can envision the early morning a couple of years ago when I first found Unruly Quilter's blog and her LOVE blocks were posted.....I was hooked then and still CELEBRATE her and her inspiration often in my quilts. Tonya is asking for blocks for a quilt to CELEBRATE Pokey and so it was apropos this morning that I create the below blocks as I was doing my own grieving for Harley Dog. Connections of the heart.....



And from start to finish....LOVE is a wonderFULL building block. Below is a window of my process for Erica's wedding quilt that heads to Utah today...Hard to part with this one I must admit.




LOVE! Em

11 comments:

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Your work always tickles and amazes me. Once again...I love it.

Smiles,
Kelly

Gill said...

Fabulous Em!
I LOVE it!

Sharon said...

Great blocks for Pokey. Tonya has inspired so many of us with her creativity, hasn't she?

And I too LOVE the wedding quilt! So colorful, so creative! I can just imagine that it was tough to send this one on it's way.

Lynette said...

Em, that is fabulous! I always love your work - it makes me smile and feel free.

Chris said...

I LOVE your hearts-full-of-love, what a PERFECT wedding quilt? ! :)

Nifty Quilts said...

Wow! Love that LOVE quilt!! Glad you're having so much fun in Seattle. I've been in the basement painting for days.

Mama Pea said...

I really love this, Em! It's just fantastic!

Unknown said...

Awesome quilt Em! :)

quiltzyx said...

*L*O*V*E* the wedding quilt!
I recently finished a wedding quilt top - but still need to put it on my bed to see if it might need a border yet. I'm waiting for my cohort to come over for an instant 2nd opinion! ;^)

OXO

Tonya Ricucci said...

love love. those are great colors in the wedding quilt. thank you for the Pokey blocks.

Vesuviusmama said...

That would be a hard quilt to part from, but what a wonderful gift!