Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My first Baltimore Album quilt!....Just kidding, but isn't it beautiful!....I so wanted to be traditional last night, but......

I so badly wanted to be a traditional quilter last night....Look how beautiful my aunt's album quilt is in the photo below. Years and years of needle turning applique at my home when she was visiting. Or the classic Christmas ornaments from my younger brother's elementary years....I too wanted to try on the tradition of classic....I had good intentions but then the little devil on my shoulder said, "Em......


stay true to your heart!" Sally, if you are reading this, you will smile from our email on Sunday. You are that little devil that was my inspiration for this Victoria-made fabric spinner of deLIGHT!




So much fun! Watching Pawn Stars with Noah and sewing tiny bits of fabric together Victoria-style! Thinking that I will sash with boinging purple and use a bright yellow Kaffe for the starts imbetween each wheel but....you never know do you?

11 comments:

Jodi said...

Such gorgeousness to start my blog scroll for the day! Thanks!

Char said...

The little devil was right! It could be no other way! Lots of exploding color.

Kim said...

Oh yeah those are the kind of groceries I like!
3 bags full!

Em you've got your own style and it rocks.
RUN with it :0)

Happy Sewing

Miki Willa said...

Beautiful! I love the colors you are using. When are you going to be up this way??

Nifty Quilts said...

Looks good! I love the mash of scraps all together.

Janet said...

I bet there are lots of people who look at your style and wish they could emulate it, but their hearts lead them elsewhere. So happy you can celebrate yourself!

Deborah said...

Very cool, Em!
Hugs, Deborah

Anonymous said...

You mean--me? Why, thank you. But I can't believe I'm responsible for your inspiration. Usually it's just the opposite--you inspire me. Anyway, another great piece.

Mama Pea said...

Just catching up on your blog. Love all the projects you are working on. Sorry you are feeling blue. Big hugs.

bjmccomber said...

Loved your sharing of the traditional, so glad that you are an original. You continue to inspire and I do not mean just quilting. xxx000

Clare said...

Now if that's not liberating a block I don't know what is. Wonderful!