Monday, February 8, 2010

Celebrating....Fridge art turns quilt block!!!! Have you done this?


Since Noah created the flower sketch this past summer, I have desired to turn into a quilted postcard and tonight was the night! A simple and very fun quickie and looking forward to mailing tomorrow! If you have done this type of project before, I would love to hear your story and better yet, SEND ME PHOTOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And if you haven't, try it out when your kid or neighbor kid or grandkid wants to quilt with you :).
I was inspired by Erin's drawings by her boy, Donald, on her blog today, My Patchwork Place. The family members drawing seemed like a wonderful textile project.....What you do you think, Erin?

4 comments:

Judi said...

I need to do that, Lili loves to give me pictures and I am sure she would go giddy if I made a block out of it.

Christa V said...

That is so cool. How do you do that?

Vesuviusmama said...

I agree! I've been wanting to turn some of their artwork into quilt blocks. I've even got fabric crayons and some info on coloring fabric, but somehow it just hasn't happened yet. You have inspired me to put that closer to the front burner.

RaeAnna said...

What a great idea! I love it! :)