Saturday, March 19, 2011

Threads that connect....


Can you relate? Don your jammies on a cloudy Satruday afternoon, choose handwork and pull back the bedspread....YEP, I am a napper and today was particularly fun as Kevin joined me and said, "Mom, I want to learn how to bind...." or...."Love me not your project right now...." or "Let me show you how this is done...."   I love this guy so much and he has had to adjust to the babies this week. Extra love and milk for him! 


Fraying thread and a big smile and giggle as I play with him.  The threads that connect us...

Collaboration.....

It is everywhere....Blogging, trunks shows at guild meetings.....quick text of  "What do you think?"......
I see this book cover in a whole new light after a year of Blogging.....

How often do I type or write or read, "I hope someday we meet...."

CELEBRATING.....Quilting Companions Collaborating! and now this fabulous book heads to a special winner of a giveaway....Char was the winner of yesterday's riddle CELEBRATING the Dear Jane quilt at Green Fairy's blog....AMAZING!!!!!! 

Mary was the other lucky winner of yesterday's riddle and she is receiving the Gwen Marston Strings Quilt book.....

Keep in mind that when I have a giveaway...always leave a comment because rarely is there just one prize....I love SURPRISES!!!!!!!!!!!

JUST BECAUSE!!!!! that's how I roll Sew!

Love, Em

5 comments:

Char said...

Great pictures Em. How are those babies doing?

Thanks again.

Needled Mom said...

Yeah....I am so excited!!!! I do hope that everyone who reads this post will pop over to Judi's blog and see what we are all talking about.

Kevin surely knows how to get your attention!! A Saturday nap sounds delightful.

Unknown said...

Congratulations to the winners!!

Em, the pics of your kitty are cute. :)

Have a great rest of the weekend!

Mama Pea said...

Yay for the winners. Everything you do is so fun! I stayed in bed today until 10, reading, surfing the net, etc. My hubby growled at me about it and it ticked me off! I have worked so hard for the last week, I just wanted to be left alone! :-)

quiltzyx said...

I got some kitty hugs this weekend, taking care of my friends' cats while they were out of town. Just what the Dr. ordered!
They're not quilting kitties like Kevin, but that's OK, variety is still the spice of life!