Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Full of Wonder Wednesday....

I have a felt a sense of disconnect the past few days/ week as I have been working like crazy and squeezing in some mom-ing time...I love your hugs you have sent me with the Freshly Squeezed post and apologize that I have not personally responded to you all.  Just the love I needed when I get tired at work :)!....


Today was unreal.....I was not a sport when stuck in a sandbar in the middle of nowhere but once out....I giggled with my assistant of the close call!  You know what I was upset about....not being stuck but that I hadn't bought a new quilt book to study or fabric to cut while waiting for tow :).......

A client who is a favorite of mine is a hoot!  He struggles with heat rashes and when I looked at his "area", he informed me that he is surrounded by rednecks while in our program but that when Nurse Em shows up he knows the redneck medicine will work.....And all I could ask was, "Where is your jockstrap?"  Sounds silly but I thought this was the answer and was fascinated with the craftsmanship of a jockstrap with the little snap that houses the cup....Back to the sports store tomorrow to buy some more...I just want to know who is wearing the jock straps that were sent out 3 weeks ago...

Yep!  My job is fascinating and one of creativity and some giggles that let my clients and students know that I have such respect for them and my whole goal is to be their cheerleader!  At the second group I had such a wonderful experience visiting with a male client who is enjoying grunting in the background of a gifted singer who can also dance.....It is the little details that we remember from conversations that raise eyebrows and remind the person, "I am listening and I remember."

And why the revisiting of the Mustang quilt?......Driving home at dusk and I was blessed with the ultimate miracle of a herd of mustangs running out in front of the truck and I braking and squealing with delight!!!!!!
The highlight, triplet solid white mustang foals with the herd!!!!!!!!!

Roxy and I are in a little tiff so I do not have photos of my batik's quilting.  We are trying to work things out but a lot of picking out of stitches is happening....I may need to put to the side for a week and try something fresh...I better stick with my 12" projects Roxy suggests :)!

Hope you are all well! Love, Em

6 comments:

CharlotteP said...

Hi Em, just saw your comment about the mustangs and was transported back to Devon, where we saw herds of Exmoor ponies and their foals running free, which was magical. Very green and hilly landscape and different horses...but our experience was just the same...what a beautiful world! If you haven't see Exmoor ponies, just put them into Google and you'll see lots of photos!

Clare said...

I'd love to see mustangs.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

What a wonderful way to end your work day - the blessing of three white foals amid the Mustang herd :)

Vesuviusmama said...

I hope you and Roxy work things out - sometimes we just need a little time apart. How exciting to see those mustangs.

Cathy said...

What a great sighting. Love your blog. You rock!! Hugs

Judi said...

Yeah mustangs!