Friday, October 29, 2010

Open House at my Cabana...Pina Colada's on the house!!!!!! and Crafting galore!


Every so often I reference this Bahama Mama for a project and so it will be for my current little ditty...below...


I am going completely out of my comfort palette, Good-bye Kaffe and Hello Pastels.....

I played with Clint and Green Fairy at their home yesterday and just HAD to buy some fabric for a new quilt....Playing with ideas and excited to have a weekend to sew. 


I love this sweet little fish house and will definitely do sashing...


I think this wonky flying geese will be the sashing idea.....


or this larger flying geese sashing....



Miss Vesuviusmama, Inspiration from you and the dear gift you mailed me!


And yes, Ladies, He is mine!!!!


8 comments:

Janet said...

I didn't know you had any pastel bones in you!

ria vogelzang said...

Lovely Fish-houses and a Great Pumpkin-man......!!!! ;)))))

maree said...

Borderline pastels really Em - but yep, much less zingy than your usual:) Did I hear someone say pina coladas - go sip away with that smiley man of yours!!!!! Ciao

Nifty Quilts said...

Those are some amazing pumpkin carvings, and a very cute blond man! I love your fabrics and houses, and I'm not pastel person either.

pratima said...

Em, the little houses in the field of flowers are very sweet! Your pet is so cute!
The pumpkin carvings are amazing! Happy trick or treating :-)

Judi said...

Wow I love that you branched out. Pastels - I still haven't taken those on yet. Love you pumkins!

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

You even made those pastels pop!
Happy Halloween!

Vesuviusmama said...

AWESOME pumpkins!!!