Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Mary Lou Weidman's "Whimsies and Whynots" is.....an inspiration!






It came two nights ago- Mary Lou Weidman's book, "Whimsies and Whynots"and I was ecstatic......and of course woke up in the middle of the night inspired with a funky story quilt! I get crazy excited when I read her blog, books, you get it!

So, I have attached some photos of us being silly with our sticky mustaches and the fabric I just picked up at Quilted Works and my shopping has changed forever after reading this how-to quilt book by ML. Today I went in and could see eyes, eyebrows, handle bar mustaches, and lips in so many fabrics that once were florals or paisleys..........

So...play with these fabrics I have attached and go out and buy Weidman's book. You'll see the body part possibilities in fabrics you would have never noticed before! and if you have attended or made a story quilt with Mary Lou, pls send me a photo, I would love to see them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you see the lips in the upper left hand corner rose?

Blood shot eyeballs in the dots fabric from too many sleepless nights worried about a loved one, crying newborn/ puppy or night of partying and few too many beers?

Marbles will be sweet little beady eyes....?

And some light tones for fair skinned individuals. WIth my love for chocolate brown fabric and blacks, I have plenty for the darker toned skin.

Can't wait to try out this exercise, never have done this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ta ta for now. NOah is in the spirit also so will be fun to post his 7 year old invention....

2 comments:

arlette said...

Hello!, nice to meet you, I see another cross there, we'd like to see what are you going to make!

Mary Lou Weidman said...

Hi Em, I cannot find your email address. I went to the post office today and guess what was waiting for me? The BAG! And what a lovely surprise inside! I am working on my quilt and have three more days so I am adding your fabrics to mine and it should be magic! Thank you for the plug on my book! I hope to have some drawing handouts at my retreat that will be retreat girls only-FUN! LOVE your creativity! Keep it up