Saturday, September 18, 2010

Roxy is undaunted! So much fun to be creating with needle and thread!

I am cross-eyed and vision blurry, Roxy and I have spent hour upon hour upon hour determined to practice and figure out this free motion quilting!  I have prepared for tackling this quilt by doing sketches over and over on blank paper at work, been up in the middle of night practicing on scraps and today I studied many books and would trace with my finger....And this is my debut..

I could not have been loving this in the past when perfection was my only option...but that was a couple of years ago and now I am so excited that I can only get better with every hour of practice!
 I hope you enjoy my first real adventure with Roxy in large quilt form....

I am loving giving the flowers texture and movement...


POP!!!!


My simple little decoration for each pinwhell.

On track to be able to hang in my office this Monday!

Happy Saturday evening, Friends!!!

5 comments:

maree said...

Bet you are having fun, Em. I love free motion quilting now - after a few hiccups of course in the early days. But it's the one time I really don't want to "stay inside the lines". Looking forward to your end result. Ciao

Faith said...

Wow what a lovely breath of fresh air seeing your blog, I just love all the quilting and the colours with yummy quilts and applique, all packed together, thankyou so much for visitingx

Tangos Treasures said...

Wow your doing it!!! Congratulations!! Looks great!!

Vesuviusmama said...

You and Roxy are rocking and rolling! Way to be brave and jump right in! It is looking great! Seems like an awful lot of thread changes, though. You don't do anything halfway, do you?

RaeAnna said...

Beautiful as always!
Good job Em!