Friday, September 10, 2010

She started the size of a dollar bill and now is 15 weeks old on her due date! A miracle!!!


This is a lot of orange if you are not a fan of the color....but when you read the following words, You may rethink the beauty of Orange....

Do you ever create a quilt or craft and find yourself being inspired along the way.....I started this quilt for a loved one for a Christmas gift but as I have worked on it and tweaked it.....

God whispered a different plan.

A dear work cohort of mine of 5 years ago was blessed with a little angel nearly 4 months early and celebrated her 15th week birthday on her due date....She started the size of a dollar bill and has carrot orange hair...She is healthy, growing like a sweet little flower and I watch her progress near daily on Facebook.  Yesterday I looked at this quilt and all I could see was little green dollar bills and a whole lot of spicy orange hair and the zest to live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A little quilt for Quinnie, just need Roxy to finish the quilting this weekend!!!!

A celebration of love, patience, and modern medicine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I cannot imagine the prayers that have been asked on Quinnie's behalf and I am humble with awe as I write this!

Here's to little people who have a whole world rooting for them!


5 comments:

maree said...

Wow Em - lets hope wee Quinnie can take the spirit of the meaning of zest :"great enthusiasm and energy", and that it will carry her (and her family) through these next months. The quilt looks fab. Ciao

Jenny said...

what a fun and fabulous quilt for such a wee babe! best wishes for quinnie! keep up the good work!

Janet said...

This is a perfect quilt for a perfect little life!

Vesuviusmama said...

Oh, yes! Things just seem to make sense when you listen to your heart! Three cheers for the little one who beat the odds! What a wonderful quilt for her.

And, while cruising through this week's quilt gallery of Baby Quilts today (which I meant to enter with my Bright Idea quilt but didn't get my act together in time), whose quilt happened to catch my eye but YOURS! You and your wonderful wonky stars - gotta love 'em! (oh, how cool, just caught the double entendre there...)

Tonya Ricucci said...

yeek, that's awfully small. that is one hoot of a quilt - I love how you did the letters, esp the S!