Saturday, December 25, 2010

And to all a good night....!

Thanks be to God in the highest!.....And to all a good night....


I am sleepy but can always muster a little energy to post some fun!  Didn't my mom's Gwen Marston purses turn out fab!!!  I so love the sashing and how the blues are a "pop"ping color amidst the yellows and oranges.


It is a new year's challenge that I am setting for myself to use up my stash....and so my earthy ORGANIC home is my project for today.  Still in the early stage but the basic home is built and now I look forward to the landscaping and embellishments.  My favorite parts are the little door and the windows and drapes in the G and A....I am not sold on the busyness of the sky and that may get whacked...but for now I will let it sit..


Is this little house of my mom's not so dang cute with all of the different little fabrics.  I was excited and thought it a Godwink that she is in Ohio and me in Utah and without a plan, both creating houses.  Neighborhoods that are connected by cyberspace! 

Speaking of neighborhoods, I am so excited for Beth's giveaway and it is my hope that I am going to be a lucky winner....2 more to mail to her on Monday and I hope to make another couple tomorrow.  But for now....Lights are turning out and I say, "Sweet dreams, Friends"!!!!

Love, Em

8 comments:

Maree said...

I think your mums baskets are fabulous. I have recently bought some of Gwens books and am trying to do some more liberated quilts. I like the sky with your building. I dont think it is too busy at all. It is boxing day evening here in New Zealand - just about to serve up dinner. Hope you had a great day.

Jenny said...

oh yipee! lets make this the year of the stash Em! I love your house blocks, i bopped over to Beth's giveaway to see that she has been receiving lots of neat blocks! hope you win!! your moms work is of course fabulous...im looking forward to adding her blog to my reader!!

Tonya Ricucci said...

love the organic house - the g and a are spectacular! I agree on the sky though - I would go with either a much darker or much lighter fabric so that the house stands out more. Merry Belated Christmas

Tangos Treasures said...

Nice on all three!!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

Love the organic!! how cute is that! Your mother is super creative too! love that! like mama, like daughta!

Judi said...

LOVE it!

Nifty Quilts said...

Love them all!

Vesuviusmama said...

Wonderful houses all around!