Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Work after a vacation... and then the fun...A last minute Christmas creation, a cheeky mug rug and it was "TOO" much fun to make on this "TOO"sday!


Ever feel so overwhelmed when coming back from vacation and the career track reminds you of how much you were missed while gone?  Well....spent hours catching up and then rewarded me and Noah...he is so patient since being out of school and friends away....

The reward.....:

Do you have someone on your list that you have been stumped of what would be the perfect gift and then.. VOILA! it comes to you like a snowball on the nogin?  That was the case with me this morning and I had so much fun making this mug rug/ placemat for my mother-in-law.  Lynda has an infecitous laughter that I love to recant in my mind when I need a lift to my spirits.  Sean wanted to give a gift with a laundry basket idea and hence........the gift.....

The story is detailed below in cartoon form that I sewed on the back of the coaster which is stiff interfacing.  I hope it will inspire a belly laugh! 

When Sean was younger, he would put his little brother in the laundry basket and slide him down the stairway and into the wall, the wall with his mother's teacup collection....The teacups did not do as well as little brother Kevin....Needless to say, it is the famous family story that is recanted often and so a coaster/ placemat to CELEBRATE the family giggle. 



And you put it all together with some cheeky female sayings on a magnet, post-its and lip balm case, coffee, which is Lynda's favorite item in life next to her family, and of course a mug that CELEBRATES....STORIES!  Voila, Gift basket that will arrive a little after Christmas but will hopefully pack a punch of fun!

What is your last minute project you are enjoying whipping up or what is your "TOO"sday
TOO full of?

Love, Em

5 comments:

♥Duff said...

"TOO" funny! I love those 50s divas and their proverbs!!

Amy said...

love the mug rug,,, it is nice when there is a story behind a project.Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!Amy

Tangos Treasures said...

tee hee love the laundry basket story!
Mug rug looks great!

Vesuviusmama said...

Gifts with a hidden meaning or a story behind them are the best! Love the gift, and I'm sure she will, too!

Blogless me said...

Love the story and I'm sure your mil will be really pleased!