Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Celebrating! My Cupcake of a day.........

How fun is this Freddy Moran inspired wonky wedding ring- My mom is so playful with her brights and blacks and just texted me this photo after I had finished the title for this post....if you look closely the outer border is cupcakes. How does God do it- I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Add some frosting to moist chocolate cake....
I am like a little girl when it comes to getting surprises in the mail. Reminds me of when my dad was in the war in 1991 and each day we would come home from school to a letter....and today I received fabric from Mary Lou Weidman and the line is beyond adorable, want to make something right now!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much, Mary Lou. If you are not familiar with her talent, Google immediately and her blog will lift your spirits daily!!!!! and her patterns make you not want to sleep but pull an "all nighter"!


Add some sprinkles to the frosting.........
And then in the mail was another CELEBRATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jenny and Colette sent me the sweetest card with a newlywed couple on a bicycle. I giggled because this is how I met my husband, blind date to meet a biking partner.....................I know the picture is WAY CLOSE but had to show off my cute pony tail bands they sent me to celebrate my little pony tails since the infamous LOL day. I am so tickled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got a little tear in my eye.


Add a firecracker and finish the day with a bang!
RaeAnna is moving forward at a breakineck pace with her pinwheel baby quilt and now it is time to CELEBRATE her 6 year old daughter's ("Preshy")"Hat" that she is making using the scraps. She glued the fabric together and is it not SO ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Close your eyes and make a wish...........................
RaeAnna and little "Preshy" HAD :) to go back to Material Girls and buy more fabric.....she's got the bug!!!!!!!!! Preshy chose this fabric and calls it "prunes on a hedge". Is that not the cutest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And I still have at least 6 more hours until I go to bed................what else to celebrate!!?



6 comments:

Jenny said...

aaahhh! I wish my mom quilted, what fun! love her quilt!! your pig tails look fantastic, so glad you liked the hair bands!! those note cards were the thank you notes from MY wedding!!! we slightly over bought and i can't figure out why i havent been using them all these years!! my husband is a avid cyclist and i knew those had to be our thank you notes...good thing we spent 10 cents per invite (clearance at hallmark!!...obviously) cause those thank you notes made up for the costs!!
whoa, im long winded!! happy cupcake day!

Anonymous said...

What a great thing to do celebrate something each day. I'm going to celebrate that my co-workers gave me a mini engagement party today. What fun I got balloons...

ria vogelzang said...

You're a real great person, Em!! Thanks for letting us enjoy your celebrations!! Makes us want to celebrate something ourselves!
And I agree with you: how does God do it??!! He's awesome!
Have a celebrating day! ;)))

Vesuviusmama said...

What a great day! And your family is so talented (hubby and his skeletons included). I love that you and your sister and your mom have such distinct styles. And those ponytail clips make me want to grow my hair again - how cute!

Blogless me said...

Love the cupcakes, the wonkiness, the pony tail bands, the fabric you got!
And then, the things we all do in order to justify buying some more fabric !!! Glueing it was something I haven't thought of ... yet!

Nancy said...

Em, I got my LOL prize yesterday! I LOVE the Early Bird plate! It's perfect for me, because my last name is Bird- LOL!
Thank you so much - I'll use it with great joy!

nancy