Monday, November 22, 2010

Is your Monday a panel or a scrapbag? CELEBRATING an Ah Ha moment!


Have you ever created a quilt and later looked at it and thought, "This took on how I view....in this case... Christmas."?  

As I got this holiday quilt out last night to watch TV, it was as though a light went off and wanted to CELEBRATE my mom and how she raised us to love the holiday season and not just the presents.  In this case with the above quilt, the mystique of Santa, the random activities of giving to others and the home-made decor were the highlights or accent panel.....the gifts were the periphery.....

Kinda fun to spin a quilt into an "AH HA moment!"

Happy Monday!


5 comments:

♥Duff said...

that's one of the things I love about you--you see the CELEBRATE in everything!

Nifty Quilts said...

Oh boy, do I agree! Celebrate the holiday without so much rigamoroll! Cute quilt!

Angie said...

What a beautiful 'view' of Christmas, and just like how our Mom raised us too. Thank you for sharing that with us.

Sandra Henderson said...

I love your work Em. I'm back online......
Yes, I too love the season for the season.....xo

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

I agree - gifts should not be the center of Christmas. We should be celebrating the season with tradition and family.